Parkes will turn back to all things 50s for the 2019 Festival.
The 50s was when Elvis was the King of Cool and a style icon.
Some memorable Elvis fashions:
- denim for his role in ‘Jailhouse Rock’, 1957.
- the famous Elvis collar pop of the 1950s
- his army outfit: in 1958 Elvis was inducted into the army.
- his 1957 sensational gold suit worn for the album cover of ‘50,000,000 Elvis Fans Can’t Be Wrong’.
- the hot pink shirt
Women’s fashions of the 1950s were all about glamourous shapes, colourful prints and always exaggerated with voluminous skirts and tiny waists.
There are two main silhouettes in 50s fashion – the wasp waist with full skirt and the slim fitting pencil skirt. Both are iconic 50s looks and can be portrayed as super sexy or fun and flirty – it just depends on how you wear them.
Some ideas of a 50’s wardrobe:
- Pencil skirt
- Crew neck cardigan (you can leave this behind; a bit too hot for this in Parkes!)
- Circle skirt or dress preferably halter or boat neck.
- Bullet bra
- Waist knickers
The 50s must have accessories are:-
- Red lipstick
- Chiffon scarf
- Waist cinch belt
PS. If you still want to pull on that jumpsuit and have some fun, we love to see all Elvis era’s!