Parkes will turn back to all things 60s for the 2021 Festival as we celebrate Elvis’ classic 1968 film Speedway.
Some memorable Elvis 60s fashions:
- fun fashions of Speedway – racing suits, go-go dresses, overalls and that famous striped jacket
- top to toe black leather for his 1968 Comeback Special
- start of the Las Vegas stagewear in 1969: rhinestones, flares, capes, white jumpsuits
Other women’s fashions of the 1960s include:
- A-line mini skirts
- contrast collar shift dresses
- textured tights
- Swing coats (might be a bit too hot for these in Parkes in January!)
- matching top and pant suits
The 60s must have accessories are:-
- Low heel flats
- Tall boots
- Floppy hats
PS. We welcome you dressing up and having fun whatever way you like – we love to see all Elvis era’s!