9AM to 4.30PM
Henry Parkes Museum is owned and managed by the Parkes & District Historical Society. The Henry Parkes Museum depicts early life in Parkes through objects, photos and historical information. Items on display include traditional family items, furniture, clothing and collectables along with displays that are significant to Parkes Shire’s history including Sir Henry Parkes, mining, the railway and ‘The Dish’.
- The site houses a collection of historic buildings along with many other items of significance including
- Wongalea school & two churches
- Blacksmith shop
- Silver City Comet carriage
- 45 tractors and stationary engines, all of which have been restored
- Over 10,000 rotating display items
On-site demonstrations and start-ups available by appointment for pre-booked groups.
The Parkes & District Historical Society also has extensive local history research resources and is happy to assist with enquiries. For more information phone 0418 674 261