2019 SENIOR TRIBUTE TO ELVIS
JUDGING CRITERIA & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Please note that the following conditions must be adhered to by all Senior Tribute to Elvis participants.
Failure to do so may result in removal from the competition.
You may choose one of the following themes. Your song and costume must match the era selected otherwise it will classed as Freestyle.
- The ’50s era – Elvis as a young performer
- The ’60s era – Movies, GI Elvis, the ’68 Comeback
- The ’70s era – The Vegas Days
- Freestyle – Different costume for the song era, original songs, humorous (must be Elvis-themed)
- Competition is open to amateur and semi-professional Elvis tribute artists. Contestants in the 2019 Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Contest Heats on Friday 11 January 2019 at Parkes Leagues Club are ineligible to enter the 2019 Senior Tribute to Elvis Contest.
- The first two place-getters will be required to perform a 15-minute slot each at the Cooke Park Main Stage on Sunday 13 January 2019 at 2.15pm.
- To avoid repetition, American Trilogy and My Way shall be reserved exclusively for the winner’s performance in the ‘Senior Tribute to Elvis Winners Performance’ on Sunday 13 January at 2.15pm.
- The overall winner will be given the option to perform both songs. If the overall winner does not wish to perform one or both songs, then the second placegetter shall have the choice to perform the song or songs that have not been sung by the winner.
- Themes: Elvis tribute artists (ETAs) will be expected to dress in accordance with the period of the theme nominated on their entry form.
- Vocals: Ability of the ETA to match the sound and quality of Elvis Presley’s voice.
- Appearance: Ability to match the look, style and movement of Elvis Presley in the specific era represented.
- Performance: Ability to perform as Elvis Presley in the style he would have performed in the specific era.
- Stage Presence: Ability to recreate the charisma of Elvis Presley when performing on stage.
Judging of the Freestyle category
- Vocals: The sound and quality of the contestant’s voice.
- Appearance: The look, styles and movement of the contestant.
- Performance: Ability to give a performance as a professional entertainer.
- Stage Presence: Ability to capture and hold an audience’s interest with the performance.
- Judges will score 1 to 10 against each of the criteria (10 being the highest score).
- The scores will be tallied and the contestant with the most points will be judged the winner.
- In the event of a tie between ETAs, a “sing off” between the tied ETAs will take place until a clear winner is found by the judging panel.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The following must be included with your registration form at the time of registering in person at the Festival or by early-bird registration beforehand:
- A completed registration form indicating the songs and theme.
- A maximum of ten (10) songs of your choice, excluding American Trilogy and My Way.
- The songs and category are to be listed in your preference from 1 to 10 (1 being your preferred choice, 10 being least preferred).
- If providing a CD as a backing track, also provide the track number on the CD.
- If using the band, nominate the song from the set list attached and the key you wish to sing in.
- Songs may be a mix of CD backing tracks and/or the band preset song list.
- To help reduce the number of repetitive songs, entries are considered on a “first in, first choice” basis. Early-bird registration is advised.
- The registration fee of $25 is to be paid.
Registrations will be compiled in the order they are received. ETAs will be notified of their successful song and theme they will be performing in the competition.
Early-bird registrations close December 28.
Contestants in the 2019 Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Contest Heats on Friday 11 January 2019 at Parkes Leagues Club are ineligible to enter the 2019 Senior Tribute to Elvis Contest.