Senior Tribute Criteria and Conditions
SENIOR TRIBUTE TO ELVIS JUDGING CRITERIA & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Registration for this competition will not be complete until:
- You have paid the Registration fee
- You have provided the backing tracks (if applicable)
- You have received an “Entrant” number as confirmation of your registration
- A registration fee of $25.00 is applicable
- The registration fee must be paid at the Cooke Park Information and Registration marquis by no later than 10:00 am on Sunday 14th January 2024
- Entrants can choose to use the stage band or use their own backing tracks.
- If using backing tracks, the entrant must provide the backing tracks on a USB thumb drive only when paying the registration fee.
- Provide the track name and location details on the USB thumb drive to ensure the Stage Crew can find the correct song.
- Mobile phones, MP3 players, DAT tapes, CD’s etc will not be accepted.
- Please note: If the backing tracks are not provided at the time of registration, the entrant will be required to use the stage band or forfeit.
How can I register?
- Pre-registration can be done by QR Code online from Tuesday, 3rd October 2023
- Walk up registrations will be available at the Cooke Park Information and Registration marquis from Thursday 11th January 2024 at 11:00am
- Pre-registration does not guarantee your entry into this competition until the following criteria is met:
- A fully completed Registration must include the following:
- Entrants name.
- A maximum of three (3) songs of your choice (excluding “American Trilogy” and “My Way”).
- Selected Theme for your performance.
- Registration fee of $25.00.
- If you are providing backing tracks, you must provide a USB thumb drive to the registration desk at the time of registration.
- List the songs and category in your preference 1 to 3 (1 being your preferred choice, 3 being least preferred).
- You will be provided with an “Entrant number” to confirm your registration once all the competition criteria has been met.
Choose one theme only. Your song and costume must match the era selected or else it will be classed as Freestyle.
- The 50’s era – Elvis as a young performer.
- The 60’s era – Movies, GI Elvis, the 69 Special.
- The 70’s era – The Vegas Days.
- Freestyle – Different costume for the song era, original songs, humorous (Must be Elvis Themed).
The order of performances will be in two (2) sections:
- Entrants using the Band
- Entrants using backing tracks
- To avoid repetition, “American Trilogy” and “My Way”, shall be reserved exclusively for the winner’s performance in the “Tribute to Elvis Winner’s Performance” on Sunday 14 January 2024.
- The winner can choose to do any song of their choice
Judging the “50’s”, “60’s” & “70’s” themes
ETA’s will be expected to dress in accordance with the period of the theme nominated on their entry form:
- Vocals: Ability of the ETA to match the sound and quality of Elvis’s voice.
- Appearance: Ability to match the look, styles and movement of Elvis in the specific era represented.
- Performance: Ability to perform as Elvis in a style in which he would have performed.
- Stage Presence: Ability to re-create the charisma Elvis created when performing on stage.
Judging the “Freestyle” theme
- Vocals: The sound and quality of the contestant’s voice.
- Appearance: The look, styles and movement of the contestant.
- Performance: Ability to give a performance as a professional entertainer.
- Stage Presence: Ability to capture and hold an audience’s interest with the performance.
- There will be at least 3 judges selected by the Organiser to judge the Competition.
- The Organiser may, in its discretion, select the judges for the Competition and determine the number of judges required to judge the Competition.
- Judges will score 1 to 10 in each of the judging criteria (10) being the highest score.
- The scores will be totalled and the contestant with the most points will be declared the winner.
- In the event of a tie between ETA’s, a “sing off” between the tied ETA’s will take place until a clear winner is decided by the judging panel.
- Final points will not be disclosed to the public or to the entrant.
- The judges’ decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the conduct of the Competition or otherwise.
1st – $500.00 cash, a trophy and an exclusive Gold Parkes Elvis Festival Ring by Nangar Gems Parkes valued at $1500.00
2nd – $300.00 cash, a trophy, and an exclusive Silver Parkes Elvis Festival Ring by Nangar Gems Parkes valued at $750.00
- The registration fee is $25.00
- Cash or credit card only accepted at the Cooke Park registration marquis.
Please click here to register online via the Senior Tribute to Elvis Competition Form, or scan the QR Code below to register online.
CC BAND SONG LIST
Click here to see the CC Band’s song list.
- The competition will be limited to a maximum of 25 entrants.
- By entering the competition, entrants give permission for the Parkes Elvis Festival to use any photographs during the competition for future promotion.
- The Organiser accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage or injury whatsoever that may arise in any way out of the conduct of the Competition, including, without limitation, any infringement of copyright or other intellectual property rights.
If you would like more information, contact the Cooke Park Stage Manager:
Mobile: 0409 043 582