Please note that the following conditions must be adhered to by all 2019 McDonald’s Rock’n’Roll Dancing participants. Failure to do so may result in removal from the competition.
• Under 10s – must not turn 11 before 1 January 2019.
• Under 14s – must not turn 15 before 1 January 2019.
• Under 20s – must not turn 21 before 1 January 2019.
• Open Showcase – all ages permitted; a minimum of four but no more than 20 participants. Showcase must demonstrate connection with rock’n’roll dancing, Elvis Presley or the 2019 Festival theme ‘All Shook Up’ in
order to score points.
• 20-40s – entrants must be aged 20 minimum but must not turn 41 before 1 January 2019.
• Open Rock’n’Roll- all ages.
• Open Showcase – all ages permitted; a minimum of four but no more than 20 participants. Showcase must demonstrate connection with rock’n’roll dancing, Elvis Presley or the 2019 Festival theme ’All Shook Up’ in order to score points.
• Entrants will be judged on their enthusiasm, attitude, eye contact and enjoyment between couples, groups, etc.
• Entrants will be judged on their rock’n’roll skills, steps and timing to the music.
• Judges will consider costuming. Traditional matching rock’n’roll attire or themed costuming is encouraged.
• Rock’n’roll costumes should complement their partner’s costume.
• There will be NO penalties for buttons popping, belts untying, shoes falling off, etc.
• General entry fees are $5 per person per competition category.
• Showcase fees are $20 per showcase.
• Places are limited. Early registration is encouraged. Register by 1 January 2019 to guarantee your place.
• Entries will also be accepted during the festival at the Registration Tent up until midday on Friday 11 January 2019.
• Proof of age identification is required to accompany entry form. Failure to provide proof of age will result in disqualification from the competition.
• All rock’n’roll genres will be permitted (rock’n’roll steps 4,5,6, 8; rockabilly; ceroc and other rock’n’roll forms not outlined).
• You can use your creativity and mix different steps into the one routine.
• No dancers, either followers or leaders, are to be lifted so that a competitor’s head is perpendicular to the ground.
• No candles, death dives or dangerous throws are permitted.
• Safe lifts and dips are acceptable.
• Organisers reserve the right to remove dancers who are acting inappropriately or irresponsibly.
• Only registered dancers may enter the competition.
• Prizes will be awarded after the announcement of winners on Saturday 12 January 2019.
• The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Entries must be received no later than midday Saturday 12 January 2019.
Parkes Visitor Information Centre
Ph: (02) 6862 6000
E: [email protected]