CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- All entries are to be the original work of the entrant and must have been taken at a previous Parkes Elvis Festivals.
- A limit of six (6) images per individual will be accepted. Each entry will be judged individually.
- Photographs can be taken in any style or format (black and white or colour).
- The entrant is deemed to have accepted sole responsibility for ensuring that the work submitted does not infringe on any relevant copyright.
- All entries are to be available for reproduction and/or publication by the Festival with copyright being retained by the photographer.
- Successful images printed for the purposes of the competition and exhibition will not be for sale. All printed and mounted images remain the property of Parkes Elvis Festival.
- The competition is open to the general public. Festival staff and volunteers connected to the judging process are not permitted to enter.
- Previous Parkes Elvis Festival Photography Competition winning images are not able to be entered.
- The Festival reserves the right to not to include all images in the competition and exhibition. Photos deemed inappropriate will not be included.
- Only photographs taken from areas accessible to the general public and ticket holders will be considered for an award.
JUDGING & CRITERIA
- Independent judges will select a winner and runner-up in the Smartphone category, a winner each in Digital categories (Portrait, Colour and Black & White), an Overall Champion and Overall Highly Commended.
- Parkes Elvis Festival reserves the right to select the final 80 to 100 images to be considered for the competition and exhibition.
- Entries in the Smartphone image and Digital Camera image categories will automatically be considered for the Overall Champion and Overall Highly Commended category.
- Judging will take place prior to the Winners Announcement on Friday 8th January at 4pm.
- Judges will consider the following criteria of each image:
- technical (exposure; depth of field; colour or tonal rendition; contrast; and lighting)
- visual and aethetic appeal
- content (mood; emotion; revelance; subject; impact)
- general characteristics (originality; style; context; photographic vision)
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
HOW TO SUBMIT ENTRIES
- Entries in the 2021 Parkes Elvis Festival Photography Competition will be accepted ONLINE ONLY. If this is an issue please contact the Festival on 02 6862 6000 to discuss options.
- Smartphone images must be supplied at ‘Actual Size’.
- Digital Camera images must be of high resolution and fit required format 3:2 ratio (portrait or landscape) for printing purposes. Images not in the required 3:2 ratio may not be accepted or cropped during printing. Minimum file size 1MB maximum file size 12MB
- Entries open on Monday 30 March 2020.
- Entries close at 5pm on Monday 1 July 2020.
- Entrants must follow the following file name protocol when uploading images: ENTRANT’S FIRST INITIAL_ENTRANT’S SURNAME_IMAGE TITLE. Example: E_PRESLEY_’FESTIVAL FUN’
- You will receive a confirmation email upon completion of your entry. If no email is received please contact the Festival at [email protected] or on 02 6862 6000.