‘CARS OF THE ERA SHOW’
Guidelines and Conditions of Entry
Please note that the following conditions must be adhered to by all ‘Cars of the Era Show’ participants.
Failure to do so may result in removal from the show.
- All cars must be pre-registered with the organiser to participate in the car shows and must participate in the Northparkes Mines Street Parade.
- Participation in the Northparkes Mines Street Parade requires all vehicles and participants to be decorated and dressed in Elvis-inspired theme or in the ‘All Shook Up’ theme. Failure to comply may result vehicles’ removal from the Parade.
- All Cars of the Era entries must be from an Elvis-related era. Large American or similar large cars of the ’50s, ’60s and ’70s are considered appropriate.
- A maximum number of 50 motorcycles will be permitted in the car show.
- The Cars of the Era Show will be held in Short Street.
- All cars in each car show MUST participate in the Northparkes Mines Street Parade and MUST comply with the Street Parade conditions and guidelines. This registration form covers your registration in the street parade. There is no need to submit a second street parade registration form.
- It is compulsory for ALL participants to collect their parade number and attend a briefing at the Street Parade registration desk at 8:30am Saturday January 12 2020. The registration desk will be located near Repco, 343 Clarinda Street.
- Car show participants will marshal in designated areas prior to the Street Parade from 8:30am to 9:30am, Saturday 11 January. Cars of the Era vehicles will be formed into groups of 6 to travel the length of the route
- Entrants not in the Cars of the Era marshalling area by 9:30am Saturday 11 January will not be permitted into the parade or the car show.
- All vehicles including motorcycles must have current road registration.
- Car show identification labels will be provided by event organisers and must be displayed clearly.
- Car show participants are not permitted to spray or squirt water, or throw or hand out any items during the parade or the car show.
- Smoking or the consumption of alcohol is not permitted in the parade or the car show. Cars of the Era is an ALCOHOL-FREE ZONE.
- Children participating in the car show MUST be supervised by a responsible adult 18 years and over.
- All passengers including children and babies must be restrained when riding in a vehicle.
- Motorcyclists are required to wear a helmet in the street going to and departing from the street parade and car show. Helmets do not need to be worn in the street parade.
- Participants must adhere to instructions by car show marshals, police and SES volunteers.
- The vehicle must have a nominated supervisor/driver who will be responsible for ensuring all participants are briefed to ensure the care and control of all passengers and materials.
- No motorcycle colours are to be worn during the parade and car show.
- Drivers may be breathalysed. Drivers must have zero blood alcohol content.
- Parkes Antique Motor Club, Parkes Shire Council and Parkes Police reserve the right to remove any entrants deemed unsuitable, or who breach any of these conditions.
- Participants indemnify Parkes Antique Motor Club, Parkes Shire Council and Parkes Elvis Festival against any claim which may arise directly from this activity.
- In the lead-up to the event entrants will receive an information sheet with information on assembly, marshalling and disembarking from the car show.
Direct inquiries: Parkes Elvis Festival
Phone: 02 6862 6000