NORTHPARKES MINES STREET PARADE CONDITIONS & GUIDELINES
Please note that the following conditions MUST be adhered to by all Street Parade participants.
Failure to do so will result in instant removal from the parade.
- All floats must be pre-registered to participate in the parade.
- The maximum length of any vehicle (including towed additions) must not exceed 12.5m. The preferred height is 3.3m with a maximum height of 4.3m. The maximum width is 3.5m.
- All drivers must be appropriately licensed for the type of vehicle being driven. All motorcyclists are to hold a Class R licence.
- Articulated vehicles are not permitted in the Street Parade. Light vehicles towing trailers are permitted.
- A maximum number of 50 motorcycles will be permitted in the Street Parade.
- All vehicles including motorcycles and trailers must have current road registration.
- Official Street Parade identification (provided by organisers) is to be displayed clearly.
- Float participants are not permitted to spray or squirt water, or throw or hand out any items during the parade.
- Smoking or the consumption of alcohol is not permitted in the parade. The Street Parade passes through an alcohol-free zone.
- Children participating in the Street Parade MUST be supervised by a responsible adult aged over 18.
- Floats carrying people must include a handrail or stabilising bar for the safety of the float’s participants.
- All passengers including children and babies must be restrained when riding in a vehicle.
- Motorcyclists are required to wear a helmet arriving to and departing from the parade.
- While entrants are restricted to a <10 km/h speed limit, they are also required to maintain a constant speed and to not to come to a stop or create excessive space between their float and the entry in front.
- All vehicles must have a nominated float supervisor and driver who will be responsible for ensuring all participants are briefed to ensure the care and control of all passengers and materials.
- Participation in the Northparkes Mines Street Parade requires all vehicles and participants to be decorated and dressed in Elvis-inspired theme or in the ‘Frankie and Johnny’ theme. Failure to comply may result vehicles’ removal from the Parade.
- No motorcycle colours are to be worn during the Street Parade.
- Drivers may be breathalysed. Drivers must test zero blood alcohol content.
- Parkes Shire Council and Parkes Police reserve the right to remove any entries that are deemed unsuitable or that contravene these conditions.
- Participants are to indemnify Parkes Shire Council against any claim which may arise directly from this activity.
- In the lead-up to the event all entries will receive a Street Parade information sheet detailing further information on assembly, marshalling and disembarking from the parade.
- It is compulsory for ALL participants to collect their number and receive briefing at their entries dedicated registration desk from 8:30am Saturday January 12.