We all know that there ain’t nothing like a song to get our fans feeling all shook up so never fear the Unplugged Competition is here thanks to our sponsor ARTC!
Our fans can’t help falling in love with our talented performers so let’s have a little less conversation and a lot more singing in January with the Elvis Unplugged virtual competition.
We know you love performing on the ARTC main stage however covid-19 has stopped us from seeing you in 2021. So our sponsor ARTC is bringing this competition to you.
So warm up your vocal chords and get creative with your own twist on your favourite Elvis Presley song.
So don’t think twice, it’s alright and have some fun while you pay tribute to the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll, Elvis Presley.
The 2021 Elvis Unplugged competition is proudly sponsored by
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
- The Unplugged competition is FREE to enter.
- The Unplugged Competition is open to amateur, semi-professional and professional musicians.
- Open to soloists or duos only.
- Performers will be required to perform one (1) ELVIS song, in an original way WITHOUT BACKING TRACKS, and must not be longer than 4mins.
- Instrumental only is also permitted.
- Costumes are optional but not necessary.
- Open to all ages (but if you are under 16 you will need the permission of your parents!).
- Registrations open on 10 December 2020 and close when the competition is full or on 22 December 2020.
- There is a limit on entries. You’ll need to read and follow the instructions on how to record and upload your video. Successful applicants will be notified in advance of the competition.
- Competition videos will be visible with public voting open from 10am on 6 January 2021 until close at 12pm on 9 January 2021.
- There’s prize money thanks to the competition sponsor ARTC. Find out the prize money and other important things about the competition here
Our fans will be voting so they want to see a whole lotta shakin’ goin’ on. So stop, look and listen to these tips that will help you get votes.
- Originality: Interpretation of an Elvis song will be judged on originality and sincerity.
- Technical ability: Musicianship and technical skills required.
- Performance: Ability to give a performance as a professional musician.
- Vocals/Arrangement: The sound, quality and professionalism of the contestant’s voice or instrumental arrangement.
- Appearance: Elvis-themed costumes not required, dress appropriately for the performance.
- Stage Presence: Ability to capture and hold an audience’s interest with the performance.