View Entries & Vote HERE
Our fans keep telling us they’ve got the moody blues after hearing the 2021 Festival was cancelled and we all know that there ain’t nothing like a song to get them feeling all shook up.
We know you’ve got a burning love to entertain our fans and the time until we meet again in 2020 seems never ending. So lets have a little less conversation and a lot more singing in January with the Tribute to Elvis online competition.
We know it’s not the same as performing on the ARTC main stage so we’ve teamed up with our sponsors ARTC Inland Rail to bring this competition to you.
Dust off your suit, start growing your sideburns and warm up your vocal chords so you can send our fans a big hunk o’ love by singing their favourite Elvis song.
So don’t think twice, it’s alright we are going to have some fun while we pay tribute to the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll, Elvis Presley.
The 2021 Tribute to Elvis competition is proudly sponsored by
HOW WILL THE COMPETITION WORK?
The Elvis Tribute Artist competition is FREE to enter.
Registrations open on 10 December 2020 and close when the competition is full or on 30 December 2020.
There is a limit of 20 entries per category. You’ll need to read and follow the instructions on how to record and upload your video. Successful applicants will be notified in advance of the competition.
Competition videos will be visible with public voting open from 10am on 6 January 2021 and close at 12pm on 9 January 2021.
The winner will be decided by public vote only. The Festival team are not permitted to vote or have any influence over the result.
1. Semi-professional – You have competed in the Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Competition, have been a paid performer at Parkes Elvis Festival or perhaps you organise your own ticketed shows elsewhere.
2. Singing for Love – You may have competed in the Senior Tribute to Elvis competition, Busking Competition or sung at your Grandma’s birthday party. You like to sing and may earn a hundred bucks here and there but don’t hire out for private gigs or put on shows.
3. Undiscovered – You have never competed or performed at Parkes Elvis Festival. You could be the one we’ve been waiting for.
4. Junior (10 years and under) – Your voice hasn’t broken yet and you are still super cute (don’t forget to get permission from your parents).
5. Junior (11 to 15 years of age) – You’re not quite old enough to compete in the senior section (sorry, you’ll still need permission from your parents).
Our fans will be voting so they want to see a whole lotta shakin’ goin’ on. So stop, look and listen to these tips that will help you get votes.
Themes: Elvis tribute artists (ETAs) will be expected to dress in accordance with the period of their entry song.
Vocals: Ability of the ETA to match the sound and quality of Elvis Presley’s voice.
Appearance: Ability to match the look, style and movement of Elvis Presley in the specific era represented.
Performance: Ability to perform as Elvis Presley in the style he would have performed in the specific era.
Presence: Ability to recreate the charisma of Elvis Presley when performing.
Background: Ensure you have a plain or Elvis themed background.
If getting dressed up and rocking the Elvis moves isn’t your thing but you’d still like to enter, check out the unplugged competition.
Please note that this competition is not a part of the Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Contest and the winner will not be offered a spot in the UETA competition.