JUDGING CRITERIA & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Please note that the following terms and conditions must be met. Failure to do so may result in disqualification from the competition.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- All work, including colour, must be done solely by the competing stylist.
- Contestants must have their own hair with no exceptions. Adornments may be used but must not dominate the overall look. No full wigs. No hair extensions.
- If sashed as the 2020 Miss Priscilla Face of the Festival, the participant must be prepared to make themselves available to visit functions across the Festival, pose for photographs with fans, participate in the Street Parade, help award trophies (if necessary) and farewell the Elvis Express on the Monday morning, amongst other duties.
- The judges will look at overall appearance, including makeup, hair and dress to resemble the pre-1974 look of Priscilla Presley.
- Judges will look at technical ability, transformation and the ability to interpret your creation.
- Hair – black, giving a shiny look and likeness to Priscilla.
- Quality of work – styled in a Priscilla fashion; use of appropriate combing out techniques to ensure a smooth and professional finish; volume and direction; professional result replicating a Priscilla hairstyle
- Makeup Application – applied cleanly and in a technique that replicates Priscilla, including – lipstick / blush / lashes / blue eyes.
- Fashion Design – dressed in a likeness to Priscilla with a good choice of fashion (plain and solid colours)
- Communication Skills – good communication skills to be Face of the Festival.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- The Face of the Festival Competition is open to freelance stylists 18 years and over.
- Models must be 18 years and over to take part. ID is required for every participant.
- The competition will take place at the Parkes Services Club on the evening of Thursday 9 January 2020. Models must be registered and onsite by 5.30pm for judging. Entries received after this time will be acknowledged at the discretion of the organisers.
- There is no entry fee for the competition. Entries received prior to the 21st December 2019 will receive two free tickets for the dinner.
- Stylists are not required to attend the evening.
- There is no limit to the number of entries for each salon or stylist.
- All models must be dressed appropriately in presentable attire. No vulgarity will be allowed.
- Registered participants are advised that during the course of this event they may be photographed or filmed by official Parkes Elvis Festival photographers or by officially accredited media. It is a condition of entry to the Face of the Festival Competition that participants consent to the use of any photos or film containing their image, by media outlets, and/or by the Parkes Elvis Festival and/or by related parties in pursuit of Parkes Elvis Festival objectives
- All participants must adhere to and follow any instructions given by Parkes Elvis Festival Staff
If any of these rules or regulations are not followed, the organisers have the right to refuse participation in the competition.
Entries must be received no later than 5pm Thursday 9 January 2020
P: 02 6863 4349